Dental implants offer longevity and durability in tooth replacement. With the latest technology, they look and feel as natural as real teeth.
An implant is comprised of a titanium post that is surgically imbedded in your jaw bone. A natural-looking porcelain “tooth” is then screwed onto the post for a secure fit. The titanium post operates as a real tooth root, instigating the surrounding bone to grow like it would for a real root – this helps prevent bone loss that can occur with missing teeth. The implant looks and functions like a real tooth, but it’s stronger and more durable.
Because of healing time required after the initial surgery for the titanium post, the process may take several weeks or months. But once the procedure is complete, implant is permanent. With proper oral hygiene an implant can last a lifetime. Talk with Dr. Buttaro about how dental implants could benefit you.
The benefits of dental implants:
- Implants are stable, independent tooth replacements
- Functions like a natural tooth
- Implants last longer than dentures or bridges
- They help preserve the placement of all your other teeth
- There is no discomfort period as with dentures
- They help reduce bone loss
- There are no food restrictions
- You can smile with confidence without fear of the implant coming lose
- There are no additional costs of denture cleansers or adhesives